Thursday, October 15, 2009

Dark Days

One month later...

So, I went to the movies the other night ($5! Take that, NYC) and saw The Informant (highly recommended). The movie was good, but I've never seen such frightening previews. First up was 2012, a flick where the world is, literally, destroyed, with only John Cusack left to save his family (die in the apocalypse or live on with the annoying Cusack? I'll take the former). Next was the movie-zation of Cormac McCarthy's The Road, a book so depressing I was hoping for a dying dog or cancer-stricken mother to brighten things up.

Scariest though, was the preview that followed those two:


*shudder*
End of days, indeed.

1 comment:

  1. I reviewed Wild Hogs -- the previous effort by these distinguished filmmakers -- for a web site, and I've asked to also review this one.

    http://www.pajiba.com/film_reviews/wild-hogs.php

    PS -- I initially thought that "Food is Poison" clip was something real. My head almost exploded.

    PPS -- Hope the land of Okies is treating you well.

    ReplyDelete